Pages

Friday, September 6, 2013

The Ball's Still Rollin'

I don't know why suffering happens. Of course there are moments that Jesus gives me a glimpse into the purpose or the why of something. I'm not entitled to it though. Most of the time if I did "know" I probably wouldn't understand or would disagree in my ignorance or would think I knew better than God. I can't understand His glory, or many other quandaries for that matter.

What I do know is that suffering exists. It touches everyone, directly and indirectly. It brings grief and tears and questions. 

Often in my suffering, which is minor comparatively but still real and seen by Jesus, I lose control...and control is something I tend to love. I can either rock to and fro as a wave or reach up in dependence. 

Tonight I was again reminded that this world is not secure. There are a lot of terrible things. Thankfully it's not taking me deep into darkness now though. 

Jesus is my hope. He is the light I see shining in others around me. He is our Treasure who can relate (unto the point of death). He is our Protector, Sustainer, Guide, and Friend - at least when we let him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment