Pages

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Sitting in the Philadelphia Airport


Well, tomorrow morning (KC time) or early evening (Spain time), I arrive in Granada.  

Leaving my family yesterday was reminiscent of the day they left me at college – really hard.  This time I had a slightly different realization though.  A year is quite longer than a couple of months.  I am so thankful for the time I was able to spend at home this summer with them, and I know that the day I return will be a joy-filled reunion.  God has blessed me with an awesome family who loves me a lot.

Yesterday was filled with a four-hour delay, but thankfully we made it safely to Philadelphia amidst the last of the storms.  Between that time and my flight, I had some time to think and pray.  I realized that even though this is really hard, this is an area where my faith can be increased, and I believe it will be. 

My whole life as I know it is changing, but the Lord’s peace has covered this entire process.  He is so gracious.  My usual tendency is to seek for control and to worry, but God’s grace has been over this whole period of considering a year in Spain, raising support, and leaving.  He truly redeems us in every aspect, and although I still have to battle my desire for control and worrying in other areas, He has shown His goodness again and again. 

While reading through Psalm 25-27, I am reminded that the Lord is steadfast and faithful.  Those who trust in Him will not be put to shame.  He desires intimacy with His children, and He is our rock and refuge.  Leaving just puts this into a more tangible experience.  Our choice is to believe or not to believe.  My cry has been the same as the father in Mark 9, “I believe; Lord, help my unbelief.”  I pray that this is your heart as well.  We are loved by God in our weakness.  He knows our struggles; He sees the depths and loves us the same.  He is truly worthy of our trust and adoration.  

No comments:

Post a Comment