Pages

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Our Omniscient God


It never ceases to amaze me how the Lord is omniscient – He knows everything. 

Of course I’m sure there are times when, in the moment, I would prefer He didn’t know my thoughts.  The first six verses of Psalm 139 bring comfort though:

                “O LORD, you have searched me and known me!
                You know when I sit down and when I rise up;
                                you discern my thoughts from afar.
                You search out my path and my lying down
                                and are acquainted with all my ways.
                Even before a word is on my tongue,
                                behold, O LORD, you know it altogether.
                You hem me in, behind and before,
                                and lay your hand upon me.
                Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;
                                it is high; I cannot attain it.”

God knows us more intimately than any person ever could, both the good and the bad, and He cares for us.  The Bible has so many verses that point us to the Lord in our need, to run to Him despite our screw-ups, to lay our anxieties at His feet, pleas to trust in Him.  He cares for us!!!  He sees all, and in fact, He orders our steps.  How great to know that even when we choose to run from Him, or when we seek comfort and strength in things outside of Him, He continues to pursue us. 

Last week I was pretty exhausted and emotionally dry, feeling like I had nothing to give to the Lord.  For me this was probably a blessing in disguise, because I tend to lean towards performance, what I can do for the Lord.  What He really wants is for us to delight in Him – to rest in Him – so that He can work through us and receive the glory.  I told more than one person that I didn’t know what I needed, but I was at the end of my strength. 

The Lord is so good, and He knows exactly what we need!  This weekend was a Puente, or long weekend, and right now I feel completely refreshed.  The Lord blessed me with much needed time with good friends, being able to cook and bake, finding a coat, live outdoor music, and sleep.  Also the Christmas lights in the city turned on, many kiosks are now full of Christmas goodies, and I found American-type mugs.  This is going to sound pretty ridiculous, but there is something about a good, thick mug with decent hot tea that has brightened my outlook and brought smiles to my face.    

How great the Father’s love for us.  He knows us the best and wants to pour out His blessings.  












No comments:

Post a Comment