Pages

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Christmas Abroad


Experiencing the Christmas season away from KC, as well as in another culture, makes me think on some of the things in my life I take for granted.  Of course there are the inconsequential things such as hearing “I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas” multiple times on the radio, the abundance of Christmas lights as you drive down the street, and the ease of specifically finding everything you might possibly need for holiday baking…and in one place even.  J

Then there are the greater things such as being pointed to Jesus more often during the Advent season, spending lazy mornings and sharing laughter with my family, and waiting to hear from the Lord with some of my best friends – and thousands of others believers – at One Thing on my birthday.   
     
Being in Spain for Christmas has been awesome though.  Two of my good friends from college, whom God used to give me a heart for Spain, returned to their homes in Barcelona and Zaragoza and invited me to be a part of their families.  I’ve walked a lot, strolled along the beach at dusk, visited Cathedrals, laughed, shared conversation, shopped, relaxed, eaten lots of Spanish food (seafood especially), continued to work towards fluency, and taken pics with friends. 

The Lord has truly blessed me, and the memories that are being made now and the experiences being encountered will not soon be forgotten.      

No comments:

Post a Comment