Pages

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Reflection


There are times where I sit back, metaphorically speaking, and reflect on the intricacy of the human mind.  The Lord created beings who have so many abilities, and I don’t believe those will ever be recognized fully. 

On Tuesday morning, the kids and I went to a store to buy some craft materials to make Christmas ornaments (I was trying to think like my mom).  While we were working on the ornaments, I decided to put on the Charlie Brown Christmas music.  The thought behind this was: I want this memory to be connected with this soundtrack. 

How incredible.  I know that when I hear certain songs, artists, etc., I am carried back to memories.  These aren’t just cut-and-dry memories though – with them come emotions, desires, regrets, contemplations.  What awe at the thought of the depth that can come through the faint tones of an intro, the riffs of a guitar, the harmonies of a voice. 

I believe this is a blessing, especially in my life right now, and a constant reminder to reflect.  Often songs will take me back to places and times I have not remembered for quite awhile.  The Lord can meet us in those moments – in taking the time out to reflect – and teach us not only about ourselves, but about who He is. 

It seems that memories can take a new importance, when looking from the viewpoint that the Lord even redeems us through our past – good or bad – by showing us the person of Jesus and making us to look more like Him. 

In those moments of joy or sadness, laughter or tears, confidence or regret, love or rejection, fondness or hate – let us look straight into the eyes of Christ.  It is there that change happens, identity is restored, and the most authentic love is realized.   

No comments:

Post a Comment