Pages

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Thread that Runs through History


My history teacher in junior high used to have a quote on his door that said something about “a thread that runs through history,” and although I can’t remember exactly what it was, I thought about it tonight.  I believe it was in relation to God being the constant that is a part of all stages of history.

I met several friends tonight from the states who have come here for a few months, and it hit me that the Lord has orchestrated so many things to bring us all here. 

In my life alone He has given desires, changed them, broken barriers, helped me give up some control, blessed me with Spanish friends, and just loved me.  He loves me enough to work out all things in my life for His good (Romans 8:28).  He is committed to making me more into the image of His son, Jesus Christ. 

I’m seeing this a little more literally now than solely in a figurative manner.  Even when it’s tough, I know I’m inside of His plan for my life at this moment.  He is the constant.  Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever (Hebrews 13:8).  He is the one who makes all of this worth it.     

No comments:

Post a Comment