Pages

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Answered Prayer of Communion

Last Friday I came down with a cold, and unfortunately I am not very good at being sick.  Lol.  It's more or less the same line of thoughts I have when I have to run on a treadmill or do yoga..."Just a little longer; ignore everything else"...the feeling that I'm not going to make it.  Ha

Usually when I'm sick, I have no desire to do anything, let alone open up my Bible.  That's definitely a struggle of mine.  It's hard enough for me (in my strength) to get in the Word on normal days, let alone when I feel miserable.  

Friday and Saturday fit the earlier description, but an amazing thing happened the days following: the Lord answered prayer and gave me the grace to not only be in His Word, but more consistently even, while I still had my cold.

He wants us to ask Him for more desire, and I believe He wants to give it to us.  And He does.

As I seek to pursue Jesus through this "habit" of daily Bible-reading, I need to remember that I can't do it on my own.  Even when I create a system, or accomplish what I'm going after, I can't change my heart or create longings for Him.

May my cry be one of dependency, because that is going to be when I can truly live by the Spirit.  I want to have a relationship with the Lord that involves a constant communion by the Spirit, through the Son, with the Father.

May my fight for independence and control be left at the feet of Jesus, making the way for a life of dependence on the One who has the whole world in His hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment