Pages

Sunday, February 24, 2013

How Great is Our God

The Lord has reminded me this week that He is worthy of our praise, no matter what are circumstances or how we are feeling.

He is love.  He is just.  He is good.  He is holy.  He is God.

The Psalms are filled with references to the Lord's character.  They are also filled with the acknowledgement of human frailty.  Amidst these two vast opposites we see the call to worship.

David had to run for fear of his life and leave everything he knew, in light of a future hope that the promise of being king would indeed come true.  He wrote Psalm 63 during his stay in the wilderness, no doubt dealing with this issue of faith.

This psalm is a cry of longing for the Lord that I can only pray to experience - a realization that the Lord is the only one who can truly satisfy, protect, bring hope.

Verses three and four say, "Because Your steadfast love is better than life, my lips will praise You.  So I will bless You as long as I live; in Your name I will lift up my hands."

Tonight at church I was reminded of the glory of the Lord due His name.  Maybe it was a rainy week, and maybe I didn't exactly feel the joy of His presence when I went to enter in.  You know what though?

He was there.  He is faithful and allows us to connect with Him by meeting us where we are.

The Lord was praised among the many cultures, spiritual backgrounds, ages, stories, and hearts present tonight.  He is the only way we can be unified and come before Him with our eyes toward the Savior.

And that miracle is beautiful.  

No matter where we are in a physical, spiritual, or emotional sense, may God grant us the grace to praise Him.  We have only touched the surface of the greatness of our God.

"Enter His gates with thanksgiving, and His courts with praise!  Give thanks to Him; bless His name!"  (Psalm 100:4)

No comments:

Post a Comment