Pages

Friday, April 5, 2013

Cats, Dogs, and Rainbows

There were some crazy things that I believed as a kid....for example:

All cats are girls, and all dogs are boys. Hmmm.

Then there was my confusion about how one could literally walk from rain to not rain within a step.  How could it be true that there was a line marking the edge of rainfall?

One of the things that continues to get me even today is how it can be incredibly sunny, yet rain at the same time.  During a few hours this morning there was an almost unbelievable mix of rain, clouds, blue sky, side-pelting rain, cold, and wind.

As I walked home a few minutes ago though, I was walking through more typical Spanish sun - to the extent of feeling hot - while the steady rain came down around my umbrella.  It just blows my mind.

During my walk I got stopped by a red light and proceeded to look around, where I saw God's gift of a beautiful, full rainbow spreading from behind the climbing rows of distant houses.  My second in two days!!

All of this filled my mind as I trekked home, with a smile and a laugh.

And just to reminisce, a blast from the past: Niagara Falls (2008).




No comments:

Post a Comment