Pages

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Surrender to Forgiveness: Our Own and Others

"Why can’t I just let go of my selfish pride?
Why can’t I lose control and stand by Your side?
When I turn within I’m just consumed with my sin, My eyes must remain fixed on You.

Redeem me, LORD;
Oh, be gracious.
Take my heart, make it Yours,
Help me to surrender. 

When my eyes look to You instead of on me, I’m not consumed anymore.
You will pluck my feet out of the net, all sin and shame You’ll transform. 
So help me look to You – the Author, Perfector – Forward, not behind. 

Redeem me, LORD;
Oh, be gracious. 
Take my heart, make it Yours,
Help me to surrender.

You see the depths and You love me the same,
Even when I turn to live in my shame. 
Jesus, You died to make the broken whole.
So here am I, please change me;
How I need You more and more.  

Redeem me, LORD;
Oh, be gracious. 
Take my heart, make it Yours,
Help me to surrender."

This is a song the Lord gave me when being confronted with my sin.  He is gracious to show us our sin, but graciously contrasted with His immense pursuit of restoration.  This morning as I was dwelling on forgiveness, both towards others and God's forgiveness towards me, this seemed quite appropriate.  

God sees everything of me; I'm much worse than I think I am.  Because of His grace, His mercy, His forgiveness, I can turn and offer these to those around me.  I need help to surrender to the Lord so that I can offer forgiveness - so that I can release the feeling of others deserving justice.  

I don't want justice for myself from the Lord.  I need not want it for others either.  

May my eyes stay on Christ so that I can remember how much I've been forgiven and how much I'm called to forgive.  The Lord is my strength and my righteousness.  

No comments:

Post a Comment