Pages

Friday, November 23, 2012

In Light of Thanksgiving



I decided that writing some of the things I am thankful for would give me a greater picture for all of the things in my life with which God has blessed me – both big and small.  Yesterday was my first holiday (Thanksgiving) away from my family, and it was really hard.  Even though I didn’t like being away from them, I still have much for which to give thanks.  So “hold on to your hats.”  J

God loves me; He has saved me, is saving me, and will save me.  He never leaves me or forsakes me.  He gave me Jesus and loves me enough to pursue me.  He is continually at work in me, and I pray my heart is continually open to having Him work through me.  The God of the universe knows my name, and He has called me to have and to share a personal relationship with Him.    

I have amazing family and friends – traditions, holidays, memories, support, love, joy, laughter, and smiles.  I am really thankful to have new friends here too.  They helped make a holiday away from home a little more bearable!

I live in Spain.  As I was walking down my cobblestone street tonight, looking at the rising apartments down the narrow space, yet again I thought, “Wow.  It’s so cool that I live here.”  God has blessed me with desire, strength, provision, reason, and everything I need to spend this year overseas.  He orchestrated so many things in my life and heart – and that of others – to bring me here.  I’m reminded that even when this is tough, the Lord has no doubt brought me here and is with me.     

I’m thankful for my job – getting to love on the kids and other people here.  The Lord has always provided for me physically.  I’m thankful for technology so I can talk with (and see) my family and friends without breaking the bank!! 

Also, I’m thankful for Thanksgiving food, people with whom to prepare it, Christmas music (Dave Barnes’ specifically), beautiful weather, sweet tea, dark chocolate, old movies, things to keep me warm, leftovers, and fellowship.

God is so good all of the time.  How truly blessed I am.  

No comments:

Post a Comment