Pages

Thursday, November 8, 2012

The Soup Challenge


After being to myself for a four-day weekend, I found that a part of me was definitely looking to have my roommates return!  Between this weekend and now, I made chicken parmesan (with delicious international spaghetti sauce, tried some Spanish food made by my roommate, and conquered a homemade soup for the first time!!! 

When I say conquered, I mean that it truly was a battle.  I tackled the smallest whole chicken Mercadona had to offer, literally, accompanied by a few leftover feather-looking objects attached.  Raw chicken is most definitely not my forte.  I also went to four fruterias in search of kale (for my mom's soup) but had to opt out for cabbage when I couldn’t find it.  My humongous pot was filled to the top with chicken, cabbage, leeks, carrots, and potatoes. 

The soup ended up being really good, and I was able to share it – amidst stories and laughter – with Becca and my roommates. 

This week I also pulled out the camera on one of the only non-rainy days to get some pictures of the kids and God’s creation on my walk home I had been noticing lately.  Although the leaves probably have some menacing, leaf-eating creature, I quite like them. 

Tonight the plan is to hit the sack early…and figure out “my Spanish schedule” soon!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment