Pages

Monday, November 12, 2012

We've Now Encountered the Rainy Season


Rain, rain, and more rain.  When people talked about the rainy season, especially amidst the background of an extremely hot and dry summer, I was a bit skeptic.  Without doubt though, I am now a full believer of the reality – there is a true rainy season in Granada. 

The random and consistent downpours have brought with them a chill to the air.  I am going to need a sign on my door that reads “TAKE YOUR UMBRELLA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” from now on; it’s definitely taking some adjusting!

Because of the rain and the cold, the kids and I have enjoyed lots of indoor time – full of coloring (the Highlights book from my mom is coming in handy!), Legos, stories, VeggieTales, pretend meetings, “Simon Says,” questions, and laughter. 

Today at lunch we enjoyed some good laughs over a new phenomenon – eating Bob (the Tomato) and Larry (the Cucumber).  This comes full of sound effects from me, smiles from all, and complete contentment with chomping down on their favorite vegetable characters.  There is no goin’ back.     

No comments:

Post a Comment