Pages

Saturday, January 19, 2013

A Weekend in the Alpujarras

Last weekend, Brian, Kassie, the kids, Becca, and I took a trip to the Alpujarras (an area of mountains outside of Granada).  Unfortunately my and Becca's portion of the trip began with a crazy, curvy drive up the mountains that left some queasy stomachs.  Needless to say, we dosed up on dramamine and took advantage of our laid-back seats on the return trip.  
Our little house in the mountains was quite rustic, in a good way.  It reminded me of my previous mystery road trips after high school where I spent time in the middle of nowhere - apart from the business of life, city, normal.  I loved being able to walk the little paths with the kids, read and pray wrapped up in a blanket on a tree stump, visit the little tourist stores, and enjoy late-night conversation and cards.  

Although practically speaking life in seclusion is not my calling, here and there it's quite refreshing.  If you have the opportunity to enjoy some "time out," take it.  





No comments:

Post a Comment