Pages

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

The Full Experience

After hearing so much praise about IKEA and even getting to build some of their furniture on Saturday, I got the opportunity to make the experience complete.  Today I took a whirlwind visit to Malaga and the land of IKEA!!  My friends had a few more things to pick up for their new house, so Brian and Kassie let me have the day-off to ride down with them.

IKEA is huge.  I can definitely see why looking to furnish a house could be so overwhelming.  If I do end up furnishing some of my house with items from there, I will have to do research and prepare physically and mentally I believe.  Ha, ha.

The top floor was full of show rooms, which I enjoyed perusing, especially since I didn't need anything.  I believe my favorite room had plum painted walls with black and white accents - quite classy.

Later I went down to the bottom floor and found some kitchen utensils, storage boxes, and awesome cranberry sauce to carry back to my apartment as practical souvenirs.  Even though I didn't "build" anything for myself, I successfully put my boxes together and filled them already.

Finally, I had to try the Swedish meatballs of which I've heard such great reviews.  They were quite delicious with their gravy and cranberry sauce.  Who would've thought to combine all of those things?  

After IKEA, I walked through a giant outdoor mall called Plaza Mayor.  I saw some crazy things, including personified fruit and giant decorative cows everywhere!  Quite strange.  After some lime gelato, I hit the train, walked around a bit, and then headed home.  Overall a fun, but a bit tiring, day.

Now I can say I really know what IKEA is about.  J 

I had to try the world famous Swedish meatballs - gravy and cranberry sauce in all.  Not half bad!


Who wouldn't want a massage under the "tropical covering"?

Spanish Panera?

This cow and I became quick friends.





I decided I like the idea of fruit for parking lots markers; banana octopi are easier to remember than numbers for sure.


These cows were coming out of nowhere - literally!!

I thought pineapples were for welcoming, not to decorate exits!

In case you didn't know, "Pitufo" means Smurf...therefore, Smurf gelato.  This is not what I chose, btw.
Spain is definitely Coke-Land.  I even saw a  giant Coke plant in Malaga!

Waiting for the train to the Center.

The before and after shot, all in one.

No comments:

Post a Comment