Pages

Sunday, January 27, 2013

IKEA Party

This past week has provided the opportunity to help some friends who are moving into a house here in Granada.  I've actually really enjoyed it, and Saturday provided a new experience for me - I helped BUILD some furniture!!!  How cool, no?  Ha, ha.

Since moving to Spain, I've been more thoroughly introduced to IKEA.  It seems like a great place to find inexpensive but good furniture and accessories for your house.  Most everything even comes packaged in manageable boxes with all the supplies you need for personal construction, including some personal tools and instruction guides.

The instruction guides happen to be written in the universal language.  What's that, you might ask?  Pictures.  Observance is not a gift I can claim in the least, so photo guides can prove a bit tricky to follow.  Lol.

Our friends, Becca, and I got to start with a bench, a bedside table, and legs to a desk.  The legs were way more complicated than at first glance; feel free to check the end product out at http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/00144763/ just for fun!!

Whenever I officially have my own place, I think IKEA may be a road trip...even if the closest one is several hours away (US-wise).  The only difference is, I may consider paying the fee to have a worker build a portion of the items for me - I think it would preserve my emotional well-being!!  J

No comments:

Post a Comment