Pages

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Cooking from Scratch


 Hannah and Becca have inspired me to try and make things from scratch that are not readily available here in Spain.  Their inspiration is “Pioneer Woman,” and their interest and ingenuity has been helpful for me.  J

This weekend I made pancakes from scratch, filled with chocolate chips, for me and my roommate.  Delicious!  It made me think back to the many Saturdays my dad would cook pancakes for our family.  I’ll be happy when I return home to be with my family and have his again. 

Also, the three of us girls living in this apartment have decided to take a night a week or so and cook a meal for the other two.  Tonight was my turn, and I made lemon-parmesan breaded chicken, pole beans, fresh tomato salad, and biscuits from scratch.  Reminded me a little bit of Southern home-cooking!  I think I can officially say now: I enjoy cooking.  What is Spain doing to me?!  J

Since my birthday is in December, this is the first election in which I could vote.  After having the ballot sent all the way to Spain, I sent it back to the United States.  While at Correos (our post office), I learned a valuable cultural lesson.  When entering the building, one is supposed to take a number.  I suppose this is very similar to the DMV in the US.  After getting frustrated with people “cutting in line,” and then proceeding to actually cut as I now know, I’ve become more knowledgeable.  To avoid frustration, follow the system (once you figure it out).  Ha.   

No comments:

Post a Comment