Pages

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Some New "Firsts" in Spain


Sorry for checking out for awhile…Again!  I may not write every day this month, but I think I am back to a little more regular schedule. 

I had a couple of firsts since being in Spain between yesterday and today.  Yesterday I lay down for a 30-minute nap at 8:30pm and proceeded to sleep until around 9:30 this morning.  I haven’t done that in as long as I can remember!  I only woke up at 2:30am to several men yelling in the street below my window.  Needless to say I was a little confused that it wasn’t 9 pm.  Ha, ha. 

Yesterday evening I had a bit of a headache from spending nine hours trying to understand Spanish at a worship seminar, and I think between that, traveling last week, and moving earlier this one, I needed the rest.  It was great!!

So that was my 1st first.  Now my second was basically sprinting to catch the bus tonight with Becca after church.  Thankfully the bus driver waited a few extra seconds at the stop for us!  J

Oh, wait.  I just remembered another first!  At church on Sunday we gather in small groups to pray at the end of the worship service.  Typically I gather with English-speakers (who are working their way up to Spanish praying – as am I).  Tonight I strategically, but unknowingly, placed myself in an all Spanish-speaking, no-American group.  Needless to say I was quite challenged in needing to lead prayer in Spanish!  They were really gracious, and it gives me a definite goal to work towards.       
I wanted to show you a few pictures I took of my room in the new apartment.  My blanket is from Morocco, where Becca and I took a trip last week!  The even greater part is that I was able to purchase it from the man who made it.  How cool.  Also, the hen and chick plant I found lying on my balcony made me smile – I think my mom would approve.  J




No comments:

Post a Comment