Pages

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Naps, Packages, and Shawarma



I kinda feel like life is running full speed ahead, not leaving much room to breathe.  I have hope that the breathing is in the near future though!  Amidst the craziness, I have managed to take two naps this week though.  Yesterday I woke up to children’s music through my wall; it’s amazing that I didn’t know we had neighbors with kids apart from that incident! 

Firstly, I have the most awesome family and friends ever.  My grandma made me a homemade scrapbook of my first month in Granada, which has a special place on my dresser.  Yesterday I received a package from my family and our good friends with many blessings (including fuzzy socks, long underwear, a blanket, and hot Russian tea).  After one morning of waking up at 5:30 am because I was so cold (and yet it’s only October!!), I’m extremely thankful.  I did attempt to find a bus stop while carrying the package and my sore arms today tell me I should have called the taxi to begin with.  J

Yesterday I attended my first meeting of Tertulia, a group of mostly college students (including my two roommates) who gather to practice English.  When I stepped onto the street where the meeting was located, I immediately felt like I was back in Morocco.  I had no idea there was a “taste of Morocco” in Granada!  I even got to enjoy some typical Moroccan hot mint tea with my conversations.  To finish the evening, the cheap but delicious shawarma was perfect. 

Today I believe I walked for four hours total, or something crazy like that.  It reminded me of walking miles around Toronto one morning during my senior mission trip, but thankfully I was not in flip-flops this time.  Despite the intense amount of walking (on occasion), I still love that I can walk basically anywhere.  I’m definitely going to miss that aspect of the city.   

No comments:

Post a Comment