Pages

Monday, October 15, 2012

Weekend in the Sierra Nevadas


This past weekend we trekked into the mountains for a long weekend retreat, and by trekked, I am referring to some of the most windy (curvy) roads I have been on since my family traveled to Colorado many years ago.  Needless to say I was very glad to hit flat land!  Ha.  The weekend away wasn’t super restful, but I enjoyed getting to know some other believers better. 

Leading worship was a neat experience, and the Lord was gracious to humble me but continue to use me as well.  Through preparing for the worship this weekend, I was able to learn a couple of awesome songs which I had never heard before now.  One of the neat opportunities of multiple denominations coming together is learning one another’s “normal” worship songs.  There are some great ones out there just waiting to be rediscovered and/or shared. 

As I overlooked the mountains during sunset my last night up in the Sierra Nevadas, I spent some time praying and reflecting on where the Lord has taken me in the last few years.  He has done a mighty work to bring me to Spain, and I am truly enjoying taking care of the kiddos and being able to talk with and love on people while learning Spanish. 

It was amusing to think of the last time I was on a mountain.  It involved being stuck without a foreseeable path down, a parched throat, and sunburned skin.  I also believe that was the happiest I had ever been to hear my name when being rescued.  Since that time a little over two years ago, the Lord has transformed my heart, shown me my inability to work my way into grace, and brought me halfway across the world – and that’s just the short list.  I am so thankful for the many ways God blesses us; He is faithfully pursuing us. 

Be sure to check out my pictures on the photos tab!  There are some gorgeous sunset pictures!!!    

No comments:

Post a Comment