Pages

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Laughter


There comes a point where I have smiled so much that I get a headache.  Weird, huh?  Tonight was no exception.  At our church we had a Café Concierto, which turned out to be quite a success I think.  The lights were low, the colored lights hanging, the room filled, music playing. 

I had the chance to sing a few songs, and I think that may have been the first time I’ve performed in that type of a setting – especially while having an instrument to hide behind for a little extra confidence.  J

The evening ended with a Granadino musician who performs for a living.  The music was upbeat and very Spanish; I was amazed with the dancing skills I saw among the crowd – especially from the people I’ve known previously!  The kids were adorable and so happy.  What a neat thing to see an entire family filled with smiles from ear to ear.  It was a neat night of community. 

This week has included many things that have brought me smiles and laughter.  Random rain showers – literally pouring with the snap of a finger.  An evening of Chinese food (delivered, although we are in Spain J) and Downton Abbey with friends.  A little bit of Dave Barnes’ Christmas music.  People mistaking me for European (before opening my mouth…ha).  Daylight Savings.  Doing “The Train” with friends in the church. 

Laughter truly is a blessing.  I love that the Lord has given us this day brightener.  

No comments:

Post a Comment