Pages

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Rain, Music, Warmth!!!


It has rained so much this past week that I almost can’t believe it!  An otherwise completely dried-out river during the summer was rushing with flowing water this afternoon.  I still really enjoy the rain, even if it doesn’t come with the whole thunderstorm effect.  I have great memories of listening to, watching, and having conversations during storms with one of my best friends in high school.  Speaking of Rachel, she is engaged!!  So exciting.  J

Walking around in the rain, or shall I say walking to the bus stop (ha, ha), is reminiscent of my trip to New York during my junior year of high school.  More or less, it’s a bit cold…and a lot wet.  Today I purchased hair gel for the first time since arriving in Spain; I felt it was a necessity. 

This weekend we are having a café concierto, and I’m looking forward to singing a couple of my favorite “chill” songs and a Christian one perhaps.  I’m excited to see some of the talent in my city and neighborhood here! 

Oh, and my next purchase is going to be a hot water bottle I believe, which I have to admit I didn’t realize were purchasable anymore.  They were in movies of course.  J  I’ve heard this is a great way to cut the cold here though, and I am going to enjoy being warm more often.  Right now the only place that consistently happens is in my bed – under 3 blankets, albeit my Moroccan one is pretty thin.  My blanket from the US I received last week has most definitely hit the spot!  Thanks, Carpenters!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment