Pages

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Time in the Word


This week has been quite a blessing, as Kassie’s sister has been in town, and I have gotten a few days off from work.  For the first time in quite awhile, I was able to have some good time with the Lord in the Word and quieting my heart.  It is easier for me here in Spain to pray throughout the day than it was back home, but it’s really difficult to carve out time.  It’s so good though. 

As I was reading the first part of Daniel, I came across his prayer to God after He gave him not only the king’s dream, but also its interpretation.  Woah!  Here’s the prayer:

                “Blessed be the name of God forever and ever,
                                to whom belong wisdom and might.
                He changes times and seasons;
                                he removes kings and sets up kings;
                he gives wisdom to the wise
                                and knowledge to those who have understanding;
                he reveals deep and hidden things;
                                he knows what is in the darkness,
                                and the light dwells with him.
                To you, O God of my fathers,
                                I give thanks and praise,
                for you have given me wisdom and might,
                                and have now made known to me what we asked of you,
                                for you have made known to us the king's matter.”            (Daniel 2:20-23)

Not only is God over all – I mean, we are talking about entire kingdoms here – but He reveals deep and hidden things.  He knows what’s in the darkness – which I seem to equate to us without Christ – and He enters our actual beings with His light!!!  How amazing.  The Lord desires to give us wisdom, knowledge, understanding, and discernment.  I think the tricky part is asking with pure motives. 

I tend to want “to know” what the Lord has in store, what His will is, and at times it is so that “I don’t make the wrong choice.”  Although this probably isn’t the worst thing in the world, it can be debilitating.  Instead of being so concerned about messing up, the Lord is calling us into a deeper relationship with Him.  He wants all of us, and He delights in sharing His mysteries with us. 

May our heart’s cry be to abide in Him, love Him well, and know His heart.  

No comments:

Post a Comment