Pages

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

The Lord's Guidance


The Lord has blessed me with a lot of opportunities since arriving in Spain – one being able to help with worship.  This weekend I was given the responsibility to lead worship for a church retreat, and I realized that is a lot bigger task than I was expecting. 

It has been really cool to see the Lord guiding me through the process though.  Even this past week a song popped into my head (early morning on the bus) that my first worship leader sang in my church at college.  I haven’t heard that song in forever, which reminds me that the Lord wants to work and is faithful to guide us to what He wants to do.  As I was looking through songs, or even sitting down with the kids this morning, I could sense His direction a little more tangibly than in my everyday happenings. 

I hope that this stays fresh in my memory – that I am reminded that the Lord’s love is better than life and that He is for me.  He desires for me to draw closer to Him, and He is committed to making me look more like His Son, Jesus.  Those are some pretty amazing promises to hold onto while seeking more of Him.  It is an even greater testimony that the Lord is in us, with us, and growing us – even when we aren’t spending specific time with Him.  Things have been crazy, but the Lord’s grace is still abounding. 

Be encouraged that the Lord doesn’t quit working, even when we get distracted.  He reminded me at the worship retreat this weekend that many of the things God has done in my life, or set me free from, have not been of my seeking.  He is always at work for His good pleasure (Philippians 2:13). 

No comments:

Post a Comment