Pages

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Busy Week


Well, I’ve been MIA for a couple of days I know.  This week has been crazy!  I knew that this month had the possibility of being busy, but it has definitely proved to be as such.

Here is my regular schedule as of right now:
-          Wake up around 7:15am
-          Hang with the kids from 8:15am-2:15pm
-          Eat lunch/read/do homework/nap? (ha) 3:00pm-6:30pm
-          Get tutored in Spanish 7:00pm-8:30pm
-          Have dinner/read more/etc. 9:00pm-???

The first thing I will draw attention to is the last three question marks.  Yes, I’ve forgotten how to go to bed!!  Ha.  Getting into a schedule comes with a need to learn how to go to bed earlier or balance a regular, shorter nap.  In time, in time…

I ventured to the centre with the kids on the bus yesterday, which was quite an adventure!  I’m hoping to become better at the “get on/get off the bus with a stroller” routine.  After first getting on the bus, I believe the bus driver raised his voice with me because I got on before he returned from his break.  I assumed the open door meant this was ok.  Perhaps I shouldn’t assume anymore.  Ha.  I have a question to ask an experienced Granadino now.  J

 The kids truly bring me smiles and laughter every day.  One day this week, they were sitting on mini-benches underneath the slide, “having a meeting.”  This included Cora and Jairus both singing how they loved the other.  How adorable. 




Even though this week has been pretty hectic in many ways, it’s really good to be on a schedule.  While reading an assignment for some cross-cultural study, I was contemplating my need for a routine.  I’ve determined I need some sort of “normal,” but with the freedom to do anything during certain times.  Being here seems to give me that pretty regularly. 

God’s grace is evident.  He wants to be our strength, 24/7, 365 days a year.    

No comments:

Post a Comment