Pages

Friday, September 21, 2012

Pink Pomegranates


Hannah and I walked into a local frutería the other night, and to my surprise, there were pomegranates!  Imagine my amazement since pomegranates do not arrive in grocery stores in Missouri until late fall, but perhaps I should have been prepared for this since I moved to Granada – which literally means pomegranate.  How appropriate since I love this fruit!!!  J

There was an even greater surprise when I cut the fruit open to find light pink seeds!  After looking up on the internet to see if they were alright to eat, I discovered it is solely a different type of pomegranate.  Who knew there were various types? 

Also they are so cheap here in comparison to those from where I live in the States.  They are almost half of the price! 

It’s finding joy in the little things that can brighten ones day.  Playing at “the beach” with kids on the playground, laughing at language class, watching “Anne of Green Gables” while eating Turkish food – all quite nice.  And I sure am glad that it’s the weekend.       

No comments:

Post a Comment