Pages

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

First Day of School...Ever


Malaki had his first day of school ever on Monday, and he looked adorable.  I love his excitement for life.  J



School beginning for him, along with Brian and Kassie getting back into class, has meant a more defined schedule for me.   Although early, it has been really good so far.  I just make sure I have my multiple-cup to-go coffee in hand before heading out the door.  (Today I actually broke down and bought my own coffee thermos at Carrefour so that when I move out I’m prepared, and it’s even purple.  I’m really thankful that I could find one in the country that is not consistent with a “to-go lifestyle”!)

Cora, Jairus, and I are making a habit of park outings and today I ventured to enter a store with them in the stroller.  Thankfully this is coming fairly easily (although my arms burn a little from the workout J), and I am becoming less conscious of the looks of others. 

We even made a new friend at the park who brings her four-month old to get some Vitamin D.  I’m hoping our relationship continues to develop and conversation about life and culture leads quickly to deeper things.  The great news, despite not helping my language learning, is that her first language is English! 

My prayers for future experiences have turned to Acts 4:29-31:

“And now, Lord, look upon their threats and grant to your servants to continue to speak your word with all boldness, while you stretch out your hand to heal, and signs and wonders are performed through the name of your holy servant Jesus.” And when they had prayed, the place in which they were gathered together was shaken, and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and continued to speak the word of God with boldness.”

God is able to do immeasurably more than we can begin to imagine.  My prayer is that fear would be thrown out and boldness would come through the Holy Spirit.  

No comments:

Post a Comment