Pages

Thursday, September 13, 2012

What Makes for an Interesting Day

So today was a pretty rough day, but I’m reminded of two things: not every day will be great and times of struggle can bring me deeper into dependence on the Lord.

I not only gave in to frustration with the puppy, but I had the first bloody nose occurring on my watch.  L  Poor Jairus.  Not a full day over two-years-old and a bloody nose. 



I had reached my limit and offered up a short prayer while trying to get Jairus’ nose to stop bleeding, “Lord, I can’t deal with this.  Please help Penny to stop barking.”  She began to bite on the wooden bench, which meant no barking!  God truly listens to the small things and wants me to learn to depend on Him in everything.  He is good all of the time.  It seems like this is going to be a constant theme here for sure.  

I’ve also drawn on this song multiple times during the past few days.  It’s a great one and a constant reminder of my need to continually draw on Him to die to myself and be poured out as a fragrant offering.  I would definitely suggest a listen, or 2, or 17!!  Feel free to not watch the video that many times though!  Ha.  I added my own pictures of the city and the kids (most you've probably already seen) to give a visual for myself of living this out in life...here and now.


No comments:

Post a Comment