Pages

Monday, September 17, 2012

El Pollo Loco


Today marked a couple new milestones in my Spain experience.

First, I attempted to make some Pollo Loco!  This is my favorite Mexican dish in the states, and it’s delicious.  I wanted to attempt it, but the more I looked for the ingredients in the city today, the less resolve I had.  After rounding up most of the ingredients though, I managed the Spanish rice, grilled chicken, and toasted tortillas. 



The “loco” part though, my melted queso dip, did not cooperate – despite the double broiler effect.  I have an inside source that told me another type of Spanish cheese might work better to melt, not disintegrate.  Gross.

I wonder why the man in Mercadona looked at me strangely when I asked about Monterrey, Asadero, or American cheese?  Ha J  Using my Spanish vocab, I told him I needed a cheese to use for cooking with milk to make a smooth, cheesy salsa.  He was kind of wondering out I believe.  I hope I made his night!  J

Second, Becca accompanied me to a Spanish school where I took a level test, after which my brain was so fried!!  I am officially starting tutoring tomorrow though!  Between one-and-a-half hours a day in full Spanish mode, plus moving into a Spanish-speaking apartment, hopefully I will gain much more language capacity.  Put the kiddos on top of that, and I think I will be sleeping soundly, maybe even adding a nap.  

It’s going to be a busy month, but I am excited for the growth that is bound to come.    

No comments:

Post a Comment