Pages

Saturday, September 1, 2012

A Time of Transitions


The end of August brings with it many transitions – for the city and for myself. 

Most of the city literally “took off” the month of August, so they will be returning from their long vacations back to normal life.  This also means stores will be open more regularly and stay open during more normal hours.  Another city-wide transition includes all of the students returning soon.  The cooler weather has been much desired, and the promised drop in temperature is beginning to arrive. 

For me personally, this month is most likely going to include a move, which is hopefully going to come with greater language-learning!  I will be starting a more regular schedule with the kids as well.  Life may become a little more hectic, although more scheduled. 

I am quite thankful for this transition month I’ve had to adjust to a new culture, leaving what I knew, gradually beginning my work here, and having a place of peace in which to abide. 

The Lord has already been working in my heart since I’ve been here, and I’m pumped to see what He has in store for me, my friends and family, my teammates here, and the city of Granada.  As my prayer is that I become completely dependent on Him, I pray the same for you.  May this year be a time of growth in faith, hope, and love – no matter each of our circumstances.  

“Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever” (Hebrews 13:8). 

No comments:

Post a Comment