Pages

Monday, September 24, 2012

McDonald's and Whistle-Pops


During my previous college years, I frequented the local McDonald’s.  I love iced tea (although not quite as sweet as theirs J), and the idea of hours of homework with free refills is pretty tempting.  Although there is a McDonald’s in Granada, I had yet to visit it since I arrived – around two months without going is a new record for me I believe! 

Today I went to Carrefour for a few items and decided to try out the Spanish McDonald’s which is located inside of the giant building.  They have a lot of similar things to those in the US, but there were a few interesting changes.  In the place of iced tea, beer is a drink choice.  Instead of chocolate chip cookies, there are croissants, wafer cups, and other delicious-looking pastries.  Chicken nuggets come in a nine-piece meal instead of ten.    Potato wedges are a side option.  A McFlurry could include KitKats or some other option I couldn’t make out.  Overall though, same basic ideas, and more or less the same taste. 

Little things like this remind me how many similarities Spain has to back home.  Of course there are large differences, but these reminders are comforts in certain ways.  I even found whistle lollipops in Carrefour a couple of weeks ago.  I used to have these as a kid!  Great memories, and I was able to create some more by sharing this recollection and experience with Cora and Jairus. 

I am going to be out of service for a few days, but after tomorrow I will catch up with you all Sunday or Monday!  Enjoy the end of the week!  

No comments:

Post a Comment