Pages

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Living the Life


Today has been a very long day, beginning with an “early” morning, but it was really good!  In our team meeting this morning, we meditated on Psalm 27.  This is such a good but convicting psalm to point our hearts and minds toward the Lord.
 
David sacrificed his fear of man for fear of the Lord.  For him, even enemy armies were not a reason to be overcome with fear.  In light of who God is, all else can fade – by a choice of faith.  It doesn’t mean the opposition disappears, but compared to God it need not overwhelm.  May we be able to say, like David, “I believe that I shall look upon the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living!” (Psalm 27:13).  

No matter our circumstances or emotions, the Lord is good. 

The ladies went out to celebrate a teammate’s birthday today at an Italian restaurant – my first time to visit one in Spain!  I had some amazing, but scarily similar-looking to pimento cheese, risotto.  My dad loves that stuff, but I think I had a bad experience as a child.  (At least I’ll claim that.  Lol)  It came prepared with chicken and eggplant, which is the kind of vegetarian I like to be.  Ha

Tonight Becca, Hannah, and I took another outing to an intercambios to practice our language skills and make new friends.  There were so many more people this week!  I had the chance to talk with a couple guys, learn some new Spanish ins-and-outs, and mention some of my reasons for being in Granada.  AND IT RAINED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  It was only for approximately 3 minutes, and it was ice-cold, but I loved it!  You would have thought that some of the Spaniards were going to melt.  J

No comments:

Post a Comment