Pages

Saturday, August 18, 2012

An Evening at the Movies


Hannah’s birthday was earlier this week, so tonight we headed to the movies to celebrate!  There were some definite draws for the evening.  1 – Hanging out with friends.  2 – Getting to experience the movies in another country.  3 – Seeing the fourth part of a great action movie series.  4 – Watching the movie in English!!!

This theater is possibly the only theater in Granada that plays the original movies for a short period of time, instead of dubbed.  The whole theater itself was massive and located inside of a big mall a ways out from where we live.  The atmosphere was really unique and made me laugh quite a bit.  As you hand the ticket collector your ticket, you enter into a giant, darkened hallway (with all of the movie entrances).  Between some of the theaters are strangely shaped lounge items and even some special coves decked out with sleek black sofas and giant screens playing movie trailers.  I think I would go there just to hang out, if it was closer and they would let me.  Ha, ha.  J

The seats were huge, with individual arm rests (a big excitement!), and the five of us were the only ones in the theater – apparently the only Americans wanting to watch from afar at the time!  The Spanish subtitles I happened to glance at during the show reminded me there are not always exact translations.  It’s more of a generalization at times.

We finished the evening with some fried squid, meatballs, and pork slider tapas.  I enjoyed getting to know the team a little better, share in an experience reminiscent of home, and have the opportunity to carry a sweater.  It was hopeful, I know, but I did wear it for part of the movie – even if partly just so I could say I did.  J      

No comments:

Post a Comment