Pages

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Becoming More Spanish


This week I am getting a little more sense of what taking care of the kids on a normal basis is going to look like.  Soon I am going to get out with them, not keeping them confined in the house the entire time.  It is a bit different since I have never really taken kids out much in general, let alone in a city with a stroller, but thankfully I have been many times with Kassie to see how a pro does it.  J  I have no doubt her arm muscles are rock solid!

My first trip to the chucheria was exciting.  I decided to be the strange foreign girl walking down the street with my “gummies bag” (as my friend Jordan would say).  The picture I put up shows my finds.  The peaches were definitely the freshest, still as delicious as in the states, and the fact that they were in the shape of hearts made it an automatic win situation. 

Hannah and I took an outing to the centre, and I now feel pretty confident about finding my way there.  Our apartment is actually a lot closer walk than I thought it was!  Walking around the centre was quite different than riding the tour bus around it.  It is the shopping central, and I got to try another Italian gelato place.  The lemon is extremely tart, but refreshing. 

We got back, watched the mountains turn pink with the sunset, and then had a very late dinner.  We were “officially Spanish” for eating at ten o’clock.  I made some pasta carbonara, minus the sauce, since that is the way Alicia taught me (and the way her family likes it).  It was pretty delicious, especially with my freshly purchased soft bread.  I enjoyed my evening and conversation with Hannah; I am very thankful the Lord provided my living space here for the time being.  His grace is ever present.         


No comments:

Post a Comment