Pages

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Reminders of Home


My apartment mate, Hannah, took me to a Mercadona closer to our place in the morning, and I bought approximately a week’s worth of groceries for myself for the first time.  Groceries here, especially produce, are so inexpensive comparatively!  That’s a nice blessing. 

I made my first round of sweet tea here, but it wasn’t especially great until I was able to drink it cold that evening.  I’m used to having a lot of ice for water and tea at home; my dad definitely knows, as he gets to crack ice trays approximately 10 times a day – or something like that.  I think I’m a large cause of that (and tea disappearing for that matter).  J  It’s even the little things that remind me of home and my family for sure. 

Although I know my free time will look different when I get on a regular schedule in September (when Brian and Kassie start up school again), it is so nice to have time to read for fun.  My outside reading has been very limited with assigned reading from classes, and although I’ve enjoyed some, it is nice to get to choose my own books. 

The afternoon and early evening consisted of much walking, meeting two little boys from London at the park, and eating pizza in the empty apartment with Brian, Kassie, and the kids.  Side note: British accents appear to be a little difficult to understand, or it could be the fact that I know next to nothing about Pokemon.  Ha

I was able to spend some good time with the Lord in the evening.  I prayed to see where God wanted to speak to me in His Word and decided to start in the beginning.  I am looking to do this from a perspective of “What Can I Learn about God’s Character in These Passages?”  Throughout the account of creation, I saw that God calls out the good and is the giver of life.  In connection with a book I’m reading as well, I’m reminded this is our calling.  We are to call out the good in people and point them to God as the One who gives life.  This is a good prayer for Christians as they go out into the world – this will occur as correct perceptions of God and security in our identity in Christ are restored.         

No comments:

Post a Comment