Pages

Monday, August 13, 2012

Rio Dilar


For a good chunk of the day, some members of the team packed up and headed to a place called Rio Dilar (literally Dilar River I believe).  Basically you can take a bus up to a little village and about a ten-minute drive from there is a peaceful, picnic area along a large creek.  A few of us walked down the trail for quite a ways and still did not reach the end of the picnic tables or beauty.  The strip of land was heavily occupied the further we walked, sheltered by the mountains on either side.
    
The water was SO cold – more or less a giant ice box.  J  When I first got there ten seconds was about all that I could handle.  A little bit later I braved up and walked a little down the creek so I could find a couple larger rocks for me here and a few small, cool-looking rocks to send to my family.  I remember one time in particular my family stopped our drive to look around a lake for cool rocks.  Searching for rocks, shells, and shark teeth is a family staple.  J

It was such a gorgeous day, and it was nice to be able to pass between the icy water (just knee deep) and the sun’s rays.  We finished the outing with a late lunch in the local restaurant.  My grilled chicken was topped with tomato, melted cheese, and seasoning and was served with French fries.  They seem to really like potatoes here, which is a positive because I love potatoes – possibly a little too much sometimes!  Brian mentioned Cora hasn’t met a potato yet she hasn’t liked, and I think I’m probably the same, apart from any raw ones.  Ha.  Soon I’m going to try frying potatoes again because the first try wasn’t the greatest.  Good thing I bought three!

Be sure to check out some of the pictures that attempt to do creation justice!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment