Pages

Friday, August 3, 2012

Mercadona and My First Move


Despite my knowing I was joining a team, I forgot about the logistical side of things.  This was brought to my attention by having our first team meeting.  It was really nice to get to know everyone a little better and meet some people I did not have a chance to meet on Sunday night.  It will be nice to have a time of corporate worship in English, and I hope this is a time of creating unity among the team. 

After the meeting I got to check out my new living place, and I like it a lot.  One of the girls is graciously allowing me to stay in her room while she is home for a longer visit.  The view from the apartment is gorgeous – a patch of grass with green trees on one side, mountains on the other.   (There are pictures on the blog!)  I was even able to get all of my stuff organized in a short setting, which is one pro of having to pack semi-light!

Kassie, the two youngest kids, and I went to Mercadona last night – a typical, larger grocery store.  Even though I am used to Walmart, it was a tad overwhelming with the amount of items and varieties they had in stock.  This is really the first time I am purchasing my own groceries and living on a budget, of which the first is exciting to me and the latter a bit intimidating.  I am very thankful to have people around me who are willing to give me pointers. 

The area where my new home is located has a lot of tapas restaurants around it, which makes for louder evenings but more opportunity to meet people.  I now have a prepay phone, which is a nice comfort in case I can’t find my way around the city.  Thankfully it is going alright so far, but a map of Granada is in the near future for me.  The teammate who helped me get minutes for my phone was a huge blessing!  That would not have happened efficiently with a lower Spanish level for sure. 

Last note: I love hot showers and didn’t think I could give them up, despite the enormous heat.  Last night I was able to take my first lukewarm shower and survive though.  God is good, because heat sickness is not something I want to be my friend.  J   

No comments:

Post a Comment