Pages

Monday, August 27, 2012

An Intriguing Opportunity


When the kids and I arrived at the park area this morning, there was a mom and daughter sitting on the corner wooden bench.  The mom was busy helping her daughter put on roller skating gear, and I started to push Cora and Jairus on the swings. 

Quite surprisingly, the woman came over and said she had a question to ask me.  I had no idea what was coming, but I guessed it might be related to something in the city.  I was taken aback when I realized she was asking me to teach her daughter English!  I gave her my information and believe I said perhaps we could start at the beginning of September (next week!!!).  Lol.

When I think about this without rampaging thoughts of craziness or inadequacy, this could be an answer to prayer.  This could in fact be a great opportunity to get involved in the community, which in effect gives me a little more clear answer as to how I should spend some of my time (after being with the kids).  Also because I’m an American (who speaks English J), I have been given a possibly opportunity to share lives with a Spanish family. 

All of this to say, I don’t know what God has in store.  I do know that if He wants me to do this, my dependency will be pushed in even greater measure towards Him.  Not only would I be speaking with the mother frequently in Spanish I’m sure, but I would be teaching someone English for the first time. 

Jesus is bigger than me, and He promises that His strength is made perfect in our weakness. 

Lord, as You wish.  


No comments:

Post a Comment