Pages

Friday, August 24, 2012

A Night of Laughter


As I sit in my living room to write this, I am literally cold, to the point of considering whether it’s worth it to dig through my winter suitcase for long sleeves!  I know that I am quite sensitive to cool air (a self-proclaimed wimp J).  I am not complaining though!  Today was so nice compared to the recent heat, a definite relief and excitement for what is to come. 

I decided to try my hand at baking in Spain, and I searched the internet for my victim, I mean, recipe.  J  I made an apple coffee cake, and it turned out really well!  I actually enjoyed the shopping for and preparing of it, and it’s such a nice surprise to come home to a clean kitchen after the experience.  I just need to keep that in mind for those times when I don’t do the dishes while my food is cooking! 



Tonight I played Hearts with some friends, and it was so much fun.  I love games, and I haven’t gotten to play much lately.  My family has always been a big “game family,” even with my great-grandmother dominating us in Skipbo.  I have many great memories involving games of various sorts with family and friends… Spades in junior high with the guys, Phase 10 and Apples to Apples with my college friends, Rummy with my family (especially Alec as of late), Balderdash with the fam, and countless games of Scrabble with my mom. 

I can honestly say I don’t recall the last time I laughed to the point of tears, and it happened multiple times tonight during our dinner and card playing.  It brings so much joy to be able to laugh with others.  I definitely agree with the saying: “Laughter is good medicine.”     

No comments:

Post a Comment