Pages

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Carrefour


Our outing to the new apartment in the morning was cut short because the electricity has yet to be turned on, but the kids and I were able to read some Winnie the Pooh books and play with Lego blocks before heading back to the house.  These last couple days and a few to come are a little hectic with Brian and Kassie (with help) getting everything accomplished at the new place and packing this one, but after their move, things will be much more settled for them and myself.  

I actually made it for the first time without having to take a siesta!  I was quite tired in the evening, but I’ve heard this is a good sign for getting over jet lag.  Getting on a normal schedule is good; “Being awake while it’s light and asleep while it’s dark,” I’ve heard.  J

After dinner Kassie and the kids took me to experience Carrefour.  This is basically a massive Walmart with mall-like qualities, even a McDonalds!  This is a little bit of an encouragement or day brightener when missing the US or needing to find everything at the same place, and for fairly cheap!  I am definitely going to be checking out their pasta aisle when I need to purchase my own food soon.  Here you own grocery pull carts to get your groceries home, which can be a good walk depending which store you choose that day.  Mercadona is more like a typical grocery store I believe, but there are many places on every stretch of road.  

I think it is going to be good for both the kids and myself when I move into my “own” temporary place with another teammate.  I have enjoyed living with Brian, Kassie, and the kids, but I think they were wise in their decision that living together could be difficult.  I think living somewhere else will allow the kids to adjust better to having me here, the family to have their own space, and me to get a feel for my new routine.   

Oh, and I almost forgot!  I am not having to "rough it" anymore.  Carrefour had an inexpensive hair dryer and straightener.   J  

No comments:

Post a Comment