Pages

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

In Need of a Big Jesus


This morning I invoked the use of my multiple alarms.  That takes me back to the past couple years of school and how motivated I was (or more realistically lack thereof) to look presentable in my first class.  J

The kids and I played at a “new-to-me” park for a good while this morning.  I seriously love the ingenious things kids can play on here.  These include items such as giant bowl-like swings (all the kids in the same swing saves a lot of arm muscles strifeJ) and mini trampolines built into the park area.  If I can at some point I’ll add some pictures, because I just think these inventions are great.  I’m easily amused! 

The afternoon was well-spent with my team leader and his family.  I had a delicious fajita lunch with them, heard a little more about the team, was able to get to know them a little better, and got some orientation training.  If I’m being completely honest, it was good but a bit overwhelming.  I’ve seen a tendency with myself, which is partly due to heat, to want to stay indoors.  This is an area where I’m going to need to stretch!

I think this will be helped in many ways when I meet more people, move in with locals, college students return, get into language practice, etc.  Like my team leader said though, when I stay indoors I don’t really need a big Jesus.  I am looking for this year to be a time of real growth – in every aspect – and I know that becoming more dependent on the Lord in faith is a big part of this.  I am looking forward to this time, but I am seeing more practically where looking to Jesus is the only way I can manage.  I pray this is a lesson I can learn the easy way, instead of insisting on self-reliance first.  Thankfully His grace is more than sufficient.  

No comments:

Post a Comment