Pages

Thursday, August 23, 2012

What a Gorgeous Place


Once I was awake enough to function this morning, I was sent straight to the Lord in prayer.  I found out that one of my favorite little 2-year-old boys back home was at a hospital in serious condition after a big fall yesterday.   My heart was broken for the family, and still is, but my prayer has been healing and an increased amount of faith in Jesus for the parents and the kids.  Thankfully he is doing better, but prayers are most definitely still needed!  God is so good all of the time. 

This incident made me think how hard it is to be here while knowing someone I love dearly is hurting – it is a definite area where my faith must increase as well.

My day with the kids began around nap time, so Malaki and I hung out for a long time coloring while the other two slept.  He is such a creative little guy!  Pictures were a must after all the coloring and creating we did. 

When everyone was awake again, we went to the park.  Cora has such a unique personality that makes me laugh a lot.  After laughing at something she said while on the swing, she said, “I crack myself up into pieces.”  Gotta love that.  J

I traveled into the centre tonight to meet Becca for some language practice at a local place.  Before she got there, I was being the “tourist” and taking pictures of the city at dusk.  The thought kept coming to me: “I live here.”  I love it.  I know there are going to be times and things that are tough, but right now, I’m still intrigued.  This is such a unique place.  Not only is it a great atmosphere, but it is so beautiful. 

(My intent was to have pictures with this post, but I'm giving up.  Just check the photos tab.  Also, I can't get some of them turned right-side up.  I must go to bed though.  Lo siento! J

No comments:

Post a Comment